Friday, 25 May 2012

Gymnastic Week 4 W/O3

This is the last workout of this cycle.  I will take a rest week next week - maybe two.  On my return I will look to go on a strength cycle or Wendler. 

Deadmau5's Strobe and South Central's Aeon are once again my 'choons of choice' for the workout.  A blue sky will facillitate some tan-work.

Warm Up (5 minutes)
Main (35 minutes).
1. Handstand work and walking lunges to side/front (10 mins)
2. Manna Progression (three rounds for time)
3. Chins (10, 10, 10)
4a. Headstand RLLs (8)
4b. Snatch-Grip Deadlift off a Deficit (BWx5, BWx5, BWx5)
5a. Wall Walk (3)
5b. Backbridge  (1, 1)

Wrist and Elbow Prehab
6a. Golfers Elbow Drumstick Rotation (10)
6b. Wrist Push Ups from the Knee (10)
6c. Reverse Wrist Curls (10)

7.  321 (8L, 8L, 8L)/Bouldering
A solid workout.  Those SGDLoaD rinse you big time.  The chinning felt good - and I hit all reps in all sets.  Once again the backbridges felt great.  My shoulders and spine seemed to be highly flexible.

The next cycle I need to change the headstand RLLs to handstand RLLs.  I will drop reps to the 1-3 range and see if I can nail it.

No comments: