Friday, 18 May 2012

Gymnastic Week 3 W/O3

Last week's big decision has been taken - and I've yet to find the outcome. In some ways it could come to something or nothing, and in other ways, the fact that I have jumped at an opportunity for change may well mean that things will never be the same.  But is out of my hands now.  (I don't want this all to sound too cryptic and mystical).

Today's workout is as follows.  I'm thnking of lightening the SGDLoaD to work on form.  I will suck it and see at the time.  Choice of workout tune today is Deadmau5's Strobe and South Central's Aeon.  The first will make you reflect, the second will make you rampage the iron!

Warm Up (5 minutes)
Main (35 minutes).
1. Handstand work and walking lunges to side/front (10 mins)
2. Manna Progression (three rounds for time)
3. Chins (10, 10, 10)
4a. Headstand RLLs (8)
4b. Snatch-Grip Deadlift off a Deficit (BWx5, BWx5, BWx5)
5a. Wall Walk (3)
5b. Backbridge  (1, 1)

Wrist and Elbow Prehab
6a. Golfers Elbow Drumstick Rotation (10)
6b. Wrist Push Ups from the Knee (10)
6c. Reverse Wrist Curls (10)

7.  321 (8L, 8L, 8L)/Bouldering

Handstanding felt above average, and my average feels like it is getting better.  Them there SGDLoaDs don't get any easier.  Heart was pumping like a jack-rabbit by set two. 

Top news is that I completed all three sets of 10 reps on the chinning!  Might drop the reps back to eight and add a set from here on!  Backbridges also felt fluid and flexible in the spine and shoulders.

No comments: