Sunday, 20 May 2012

Gymnastic Week 4 W/O1

Today's workout:

Warm Up (5 minutes)
Main (30 minutes).
1. Stairgators (1)
2. Planche Variations (25s, 25s, 25s)
3. Barefoot Sprinting (1x10s, 1x10s, 1x10s, 1x10s, 1x10s)
4i. Rope Climb (3)
4ii. MU to Ring Routine (3, 3, 3).
5. Scissor Splits (3x '2L, 2R, 2C')
6. Barefoot Kill Carry (1)
7. Fingerboard Routine (10min)

Stairgators kicked things of in style. My wrist injury really is a thing of the past now.  The planches also felt solid.  I think I should emphasise these once again - I am not progressing beyond an advanced frog planche and cannot get to the stage of raising my hips so my knees are not in contact with my upper arm.  Hard to focus on planches whilst pursuing handstands and OACs.

Sprinting felt slightly laboured.  Flash trained with me which lightened the mood.  Rope climbing and ring-work was awesome.  I messed around with the rings - holding on to the L-Sit after the MU for differing amounts of time.  I also lowered at different speeds.

Session concluded with some fingerboard work.

No comments: