Tuesday, 22 May 2012

Gymnastic Week 4 W/O2

Scorchio!  Super sunny day with blue skies, no clouds and an occasional fresh breeze.  Looking forward to this one.

Rests are currently being kept short to less than 60s for all chinning and pistols.  I am going to drop the reps and increase the sets for pistols.  I will also pull like a bastard for that last rep on OACs!

Warm Up (5 minutes)
Main (30 minutes).
1. HSPU/Handstand/Handwalk (Leg work - side/front lunges, air squats, front/side/turning kicks)
2. L-Sit/Manna Variation (for time)
3. Pistols Assisted (75kg x 7, 75kg x 7, 75kg x 7, 75kg x 7)
4i. OAC (7x55kg, 7x55kg)
4ii. Two Arm Chin (BWx10)
5. Backlever to Frontlever (5s, 5s, 5s)

Shoulder Prehab:
6. Two-Way DB Rotator Cuff (12 x external and internal shoulder rotations)

I did it!  T'was truly ugly but I nailed that last rep on the OACs!  Woo hoo.  More of the same.  One more week of this I reckon.

The pistols were rather steady.  I could have added a rep on each set I reckon.

The not so good news is that the handstands were rather poor on occasion.  I sacked the handstands after one or two good efforts and resolved to handwalking for a bit.  The shoulders are basically telling me to rest up a bit - and SOON!

No comments: