Friday, 11 May 2012

Gymnastic Week 2 W/O3

I've got some big decisions to make.  My mind is spinning.  Just tweeted a Mark Twain quote which sums up my position,
  • "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do.  So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
In fact I was listening to some early Queen albums and 'Spread Your Wings' came on...  I don't want to make a decision just for the sake of it - there are obviously risks.  But sometimes you just want to push out to the edge and explore...

If I can focus for thirty minutes or so on my workout, it will look like this (see below).  I am currently emphasising volume and short rests (<1m), rather than adding weight to keep it interesting.

Warm Up (5 minutes)
Main (35 minutes).
1. Handstand work and walking lunges to side/front (10 mins)
2. Manna Progression (three rounds for time)
3. Chins (10, 10, 9/10)
4a. Headstand RLLs (8)
4b. Snatch-Grip Deadlift off a Deficit (BWx5, BWx5, BWx5)
5a. Wall Walk (3)
5b. Backbridge  (1, 1)

Wrist and Elbow Prehab
6a. Golfers Elbow Drumstick Rotation (10)
6b. Wrist Push Ups from the Knee (10)
6c. Reverse Wrist Curls (10)

7.  321 (8L, 8L, 8L)/Bouldering


Well, the handstands were soft.  I have to autoadjust for fatigue.  Given the amount of volume I put in to handstands I have to accept variation in performance!

The chins were brutal.  I missed a target rep on the last set.  Short rests definitely up the game.  Same thing with SGDLoaD - you really feel your heart and lungs pumping on that last set.

Wall walks felt easy and the backbridge seemed to find me extremely flexible of shoulder. 

All good stuff.

No comments: