Tuesday, 3 May 2011

Tuesday Strength Wk3 W/O2

Back to bodyweight for today. I didn't make all three sets of chins last week so that is the goal for today.

Warm Up (5 mins)
Main (20 mins)
1a. Planche Variations (30s, 10s, 5s)
1b. Pillar Jumping (7, 7, 7)
2. Handwalk/MBTs/Shoulder Press (Distance, 10 per arm, 1x6x 16kg)
3. Chins (11, 11, 11)
4. Lever Variations (30s, 10s, 5s)
5. LGKF Forms *(optional)
  • KAY BOON SAU FA - Basic hand movement
  • JORN SAU - Set hand movement
  • CHARP CHOI - Drilling punches
  • FAR KUIN - Flower fist
  • FAI LOONG GEE - Finger movement of the dragon
  • LAU GAR LUK HUP KUIN - Fist of six co-ordinations
  • BAC PYE JURN - Palm of the bac pye mountain


Another hot, sunny day.  A day to train outside and stay outside!

The warm up has now been extended to include a set of back-flips.  I did four last week, but the last one was dodgy, so I just aimed for three this week.  Good fun start to the routine.

The pillar jumping always carries that air of risk, but all sets were completed solidly.  The chins were the area where I had hoped for most improvement, and this week I nailed all three sets of 11 (with one minute rest between sets).  Form was strong, going to almost lock-out and making sure I pulled the bar to my chest (nipple to bar stylee).

The planches were so-so and the levers not that good - probably due to the shoulder-intensive nature of what had gone before.  But that is ok, I just roll with it.

The forms were also so-so.  My body was quite tired and some of the forms are very expressive with sharp and strong twists required to create a strike or block.  Also some of the drops to ground are very deep.  After the main routine this all felt hard, so I just tried to work on flow.  I have to be careful not to train-in bad technique.

A good session!

No comments: