Tuesday, 24 May 2011

Tuesday Strength Wk1 W/O2

Think I will opt for pistols over pillar jumps today.  One set of 10-15 on each leg should do it.  I will see how I feel.  On this cycle I have increased the chin reps in the first week by one, from 10 to 11.

Warm Up (5 mins)
Main (30 mins)
1a. Planche Variations (30s, 20s, 10s)
1b. Pillar Jumping/Pistols (10x42kg, 10x52kg, 10x62kg)
1c. Chins (11, 11, 11)
2a. Handwalk/MBTs/Handstand/Assited HSPU (for time, 10, 10)
2b. Lever (10s, 10s, 10s)
3. LGKF Forms*

*Optional

A cracking workout.  It was windy and big, fluffy clouds drifted across a sunny, blue sky.  Awesome.  I threw a couple of composed backflips in to the workout so TBFF is now 17!  I jigged stuff around to keep me outside as much as possible and to make two micros circuits.

I finsished off with my forms.  Starting to enjoy them and feel less like a pretentious douche!  It took 30mins to complete the workout and another 10 mins to go through the forms.

As this is a strength phase I should really keep the reps low and the rests big.  But I like to adapt and hack things up.  I think that as long as I work different muscles, the complexes or mini-circuits as above should allow me to maintain a good temp and get a good rest between sets for each exercise.

No comments: