- The O'Neill Test (with a GOOD rating),
- Double BW Deadlift,
- 100m in <12s (adjust for age)
- Vertical jump of 40 inches
- A quality pistol off each leg
- An HSPU
Reporting on Mediplacements, another measure with more scientific credibility than my personal whim, was published in the Journal of the American College of Cardiology. Researchers at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center found that 'Low levels of midlife fitness were found to be linked to significant differences in cardiovascular risk'. Specifically,
- "The research indicated that a 55-year old man who took 15 minutes to run a mile would have a 30 per cent lifetime risk of heart disease as opposed to a man of the same age who takes just eight minutes and has a lifetime risk of less than ten per cent."