Sunday, 13 February 2011

RTK Wk3 W/O1 (P1)

So there have been a lot of alcoholic over-indulgence again this weekend.  I am normally teetotal - for weeks at a time.  But come the Six Nations and....well it is just such a great feast of sport.  Not sure of the implications of beer on my CKD but I guess I will find out.

Week three commences.  Monday to Thursday I eat less than normal.  Friday night until Sunday night I get to play the role of  'Chow-dog'.

I am back to my 'P1' workout - so no rope climbing this week, but I get to swing on the rings instead.

Warm Up (5 mins)
Main (30 mins)
1. Stairgators (1)
2a. Barefoot Sprinting (1x15, 1x15, 1x15)
2b. 4xMU to L-Sits to Ring Routine (1, 1, 1)
3a. Scissor Splits/Cuts (3x1)
3b. 321 (7:3x8 A4, 7:3x8 B3, 7:3x8 F3)
4. Barefoot Kill Carry

I added only one MU to the first set but it was enough to add real menace to the workout.  It is important to lower back to the ground in an L-Sit and makes sure your arms are fully extended before reaching the ground.  It really adds to the intensity.  The sprints were cut short a set and each sprint pushed to 15s.

It was a cold, wet night.  Tough workout!

No comments: