Sunday, 6 February 2011

RTK Wk2 W/O1 (P2)

Captain Kid has finally lost her first milk-tooth! A big moment in her life marking her departure from those truly infant years.

Refeeding went crazy yesterday.  A friend's birthday celebrations meant a paleo feast followed by a sugar fest.  Did I mention the (roughly) ten pints on Friday night prompted by the rugby?  Luckily I am on a CKD - cyclical being the key word here.  This means I have a new week to get the refeed 'right'!

I am using my second strength routine this week for variety.  No MUs or rings, and with a greater climbing focus.

Warm Up (5 mins)
Main (40 mins)
1. Wrist Push Ups (10, 10, 10)
2a. Barefoot Sprints (10s, 10s, 10s)
2b. Rope Climbing (3, 3, 3)
2c. Pinch Grip Pull Ups (3, 3, 3)
3a. Tuck Planche (3x5s)
3b. Barefoot Kill Carry (1)
4. Hangboarding (Intermediate)

My refeed ended at lunchtime today and I was still stuffed all afternoon.  As such I was lacking motivation to train tonight, but once the socks are off and those bare feet hit cold, wet road something magical happens and I step in to the zone!  Really odd and rather unexpected - even though it happens each week.  Ambivalence and indifference is replaced by a sense of purpose and self reward.

I tore up the rope climbing and although the pinch-grip work was lame, I felt on for hangboarding and just about bagged the complete routine (but all on the larger rungs).  Still, to say I climb VERY little at the moment, I was still happy with things.  Good fun.

So, back to four days of orthodox paleo and underfeeding.  I hit around 1700 calories a day I guess, but this is achieved by largely following my regular diet in terms of content and volume, but simply removing all fruit and dairy - and only having one tin of fish at lunch. 

I only drink one or two black coffees in the morning and allow myself a coffee with cream at lunch (after the fish).  So yes, total volumes are less, but not for certain items of food on my plate.  Thusly will I still be eating a large roast on about Wednesday....!

No comments: