Friday, 13 April 2012

Gymnastic Week 3 W/O3

Picking up where I left off last week.  I've had a break of a week and oddly feel more tired.  Must be the Easter chocolate.  As stated earlier, emphasis will be on volume (5-8 reps) with rests of around the minute mark.

Warm Up (5 minutes)
Main (30 minutes).
1. Handstand work and walking lunges to side/front (10 mins)
2. Chin Variations (Two Arm + 35kg x 7, Two Arm + 35kg x 3/7, 10xBW 2 Arm)
3. Headstand RLLs (7)
4. Deadlift - form work (3x5x60kg)
5. Manna Progression (three rounds for time)
6. Wall Walk (3)
7. Backbridge (15s, 15s)
8. Two-Way DB Rotator Cuff (12 x external and internal shoulder rotations)
9. Reverse Dumbell Curls (12)
10.  321 (8L, 8L, 8M)/Bouldering



This workout felt tough.  Shortening the rests and upping the reps makes for a high tempo workout.  Handstanding was mediocre.  Just not feeling in the zone at the moment.  I just need to ride it out.  Whenever I cannot hold the handstand I don't force it too much - simply reverting to handwalking instead.  As this is a technique issue I do not push myself - stopping well short of failure.

The second set of chins was abysmal.  If I'm going to maintain weight across sets, I need to drop the weight on the first set to save gas for the second.

Working on deadlift form was enjoyable.  Trying to feel the movement through the range of motion.  Very satisfying.

No comments: