What a difference a week makes. This time last week we had a cool spring breeze, sapphire skies and strong sunshine! This week we're on a severe snow warning!
With respect to the workout, I am lowering the weight and upping the volume. I am also changing to pure sets rather than mixing across a handful of exercises.
Warm Up (5 minutes)
Main (35 minutes).
1. Handstands (over 5-10 minutes)
2. Pistols (75kgx8, 75kgx8, 75kgx8)
3. L-Sit/Manna Variation (3x5ish seconds)
4. OAC (5x60kg, 5x55kg, 10xBW)
3b. Backlever to Frontlever (5s, 5s, 5s)
4. Golfers Elbow Drumstick Rotation (12)
5. Two-Way DB Rotator Cuff (12 x external and internal shoulder rotations)
6. Wrist PUs from the Knee (12)
Another workout that felt slightly leaden. It is odd because post-workout I feel great, but this is the second workout in a row where I've just not felt in the zone. The handstands weren't so good, which is a good indicator of underlying state of recovery.
I think I will take a week off. On my return I'll stick with the idea of lower weights, higher reps and shorter rests.