Friday, 7 May 2010

Volume Wk10 W/O2

Another Birthday. Steak tonight along with some cake and wine - before heading out on my new roller blades. Some guys get a sports car to appease their middle age desires - me, I get skates!

Another blue sky-day. I added some easy planche work to extend my workout outside in the sunshine.

Warm Up (5 mins)
Main (30 mins)
1. Rowing (L10;00:01:32x500m)

2a. Wall Walk/BackBridge (15s, 15s, 15s)
2b. Splits (20s, 20s, 20s)
2c. Cuts Left/Right (20s, 20s, 20s)
2d. Tuck Planche (20s, 20s, 20s)

3a. Pistols (32kg, 32kg, 32kg)
3b. Tucked Lever (20s, 20s, 20s)
3c. Two-Arm Chins (5, 5, 5)

All of this was done at de-load intensity. I added some chins in for a bit of easy extra volume.

3 comments:

Calvin said...

Hey Asclepius--Another orbit around the sun and feeling stronger than a year ago--that's so much better than most folks--especially with having a family too.

I treated myself to a pair of new inline skates last year for my birthday and have been rewarded many-times-over playing with them. I moved up from 90 mm wheels to a pair of K2 Radical 100's--the larger wheels help to smooth out our asphalt, frost-heaved, crack-laden multi use trails here in Anchorage. Love the skating: balance, coordination, agility (missing walkers & dogs, etc.) speed, full-body dynamic movement, especially when compared to spinning on a bicycle (I used to mtn. bike race, but since picking up inline skating, biking reminds me of a hamster spinning on its roller cage), skating is soooo much more fluid and satisfying. Something that I like to play with is to balance on one skate and make linked S-carved turns, especially on the not-too-step downhills--goes back to my surfing days.

Anyway, I digressed: Happy birthday and best wishes for another successful year. Calvin

Asclepius said...

Hi Calvin. Many thanks for the warm wishes.

I used to be really in to skating (and fresstyle BMX), as a kid. I had a pair of Bauer Turbos with Krypto wheels. They were my pride and joy. So it is with some excitement I pull a set of blades a few decades later.....no doubt my progress (or lack of), will feature in upcoming posts.

Cheers,

;)

Asclepius said...

Judging by your brand of blade, I think you are a bit more advanced than me!

http://www.londomondo.com/sk-k2-2008-k2-radical-100-2008-asst-24.html