Tuesday, 25 May 2010

Strength Wk3 W/O2

Time for a update shot methinks. Not sure I am much leaner since Christmas overall. I reckon I am steady at around 10%BF, maybe less.

The gains in strength keep coming - particularly on the big compound movements.

The motivation and drive are from within, but the use of detailed records ensures that I don't go light - and closes the gap between "how hard I think it is, and how hard I can go".

Warm Up (5 mins)
Main (35 mins)
1. Rowing (L10; 500m, 00:01:40)
2a. Pistols (5x70/55, 3x70/63, 3/1+x92/70)
2b. Wall Walk/BackBridge (2, 3, 4)
2c. Left/Right Cuts (3x20s)
3a. Tuck/Frog Planche (1x3s, 1x30s, 1x30s)
3b. Splits (3x20s)
3b. Straight Back Lever (3x20s)

(5 mins extra; two reps of each, pass through twice)
- Pillar Jumps
- Pillar Jump Split
- Handstand
- Cartwheels

Something is definitely awry with my RM. After my rowing I felt brutal and threw caution to the wind on the pistols. I knew I had more in me and so pushed the weights big time (for me).

I came in much heavier on the pistols and finished the last set with three reps (two extra), on body weight plus a 10kg plate in hand! This is definitely a new high for me. The planches and levers felt good (I pushed the volume on the former having started with a strength-oriented version on my first set). I only hope that this Friday my OAC comes good.

I am going to take a break next week (active rest), and then will have to retest my RM on my return to the gym.

I am not sure whether to embark on another four weeks of strength or whether to do some plyometrics. I like to keep it fresh and am aware that gains can quickly go to your head - leading to injury. Next week will emphasise play and relaxation. But on my return......

No comments: