Wednesday, 19 May 2010

Strength Wk2 W/O2

Warm Up (5 mins)
Main (35 mins)
1. Rowing (L10; 500m, 00:01:45)
2a. Pistols (3x52, 3x59, 6/3+x67/66)
2b. Wall Walk/BackBridge (3, 3, 3)
2c. Left/Right Cuts (3x20s)
3a. Tuck Planche (3x15s)
3b. Splits (3x20s)
3b. Straight Back Lever (3x15s)

- Pillar Jumps
- Pillar Jump Split
- Handstand
- Cartwheels

I did double pistols on my last set (and at a greater weight). The wall walks felt tough so I did three rather than four reps for each of the sets.

The levers were quite strict and I reckon there is gain there. As ever, the planches kind of disappoint. I think my shoulders are getting bigger, but not necessarily stronger in the planche.

Still, I will keep varying the sets and reps. I am aware that a lot of my training targets the shoulders so as long as there is progress in some of the shoulder work, and I remain injury free, I must be happy.

The final play section was good fun. The pillar split jump is a laugh. It can only be a matter of time before I miss and hurt myself. Should be comedy-gold!

No comments: