Wednesday, 12 May 2010

Strength Wk1 W/O2

Today should be lower body focused. However, due to testing my 8RM on pistols during Monday, and given that I will be undertaking a major hike up Snowdon this weekend, I am giving pistols a miss today.

The planche and lever work will be light. I need to save my shoulders for Friday. All this jigging around makes space for some leg stretching (but the effect of Monday's ring splits/cuts is still noticeable).

I will chose the Wallwalks over the Backbridge to add variation and to work my abs a bit more. A light rowing warm up should ease me in to this workout.

Warm Up (5 mins)
Main (35 mins)
1. Light Rowing (L10; 500m, 00:01:38)
2a. Wall Walk/BackBridge (2, 2, 2)
2b. Left/Right Cuts (3x20s)
3a. Tuck Planche (3x10s)
3b. Splits (3x20s)
3b. Straight Back Lever (3x10s)

- Pillar Jumps
- Pillar Jump Split
- Handstand
- Cartwheels

The weather was brilliant today - more blue skies between the lumps of cumulus - so I tried to be outdoors as much as possible.

The leg stretches definitely worked me a bit. All a consequence of the ring splits and ring cuts on Monday (which are essentially a strength exercise)

The WallWalks were easy. The backbridges are obviously working on my spinal flexibility. It might be time to try some flick-ups from the off my back.

The levers and planches felt a bit tough so I did three sets rather than the planned six. This freed up time to do some handstands and cartwheels (leading with each hand).

I also did a few pillar jumps and managed to find two pillars a few feet apart. I jumped from btween them landing with a foot in each pillar (straddling the gap between them). All in the name of fun and self-amusement.

No comments: