Monday, 22 March 2010

Volume Wk4 W/O1

This week I am aiming for a BAB structure. But as I did not complete the supplementary exercises on Friday, one or two upper-body extras are included in this workout:

Warm Up (5 mins)
Main (35 mins)
1. Rowing (Easy 1x500m 00:01:50)
2. Pistols (8x44kg/38kg, 8x44kg/38kg, 8x44kg/38kg)
3a. Ice Cream Maker Lever (8, 8, 8)
3b. Planche Press Ups (8, 8, 8)
4. Wall Walk/BackBridge (15s, 15s, 15s)

I began with an easy row. Just feeling the movement and stretching out. I kept the workout quite short but with quality rests of three minutes.

The Backbridges felt great. My shoulders and back felt quite supple. Arching off a higher platform for my feet is obviously assisting.

I could have done more ICMs and PPUs but it is as well to just stick with the prescribed reps adn sets. There will be time again to step it up next week.

The pistols were done with 48kg - well over my itended amount. Again, I could have done a bit more so on Friday I will add a set.

I got 'recognised' by someone today - my reputation precedes me. She approached me looking at my V5F and said "You must be the Jumping Man". This was a new one on me. I thought I was Handstand Guy and Backbridge Man. She approached me again later to discuss some finer training points. I saw using kettlebells and doing snatch work and Turkish Get Ups - so we had quite a bit in common.

Tonight I will get on my fingerboard and complete the following:

5a. Ring Cuts (3x3-way)
5b. Fingerboard (5x1, 5x1, 5x1, 5x1, 5+ x1)

* Update: The first set of rungwork was on large rungs. The next set was on medium rungs and the last three sets on small rungs. I will aim for all sets to be performed on the small rungs next time.

No comments: