Monday, 8 March 2010

Volume Wk2 W/O1

A big high pressure has settled over the UK. It is nice to be out in the sunshine - although in the shade it is cold. If only my garage had a sunroof!

Warm Up (5 mins)
Main (40 mins)

1a. Sprinting (1x15s, 1x15s, 1x15s)
1b. Frog/Tuck Planche (5x2s, 5x2s, 5x2s)
2a. Ring Routine to Chins/RopeClimb (9, 9, 9)
2b. Cuts (2x10, 2x10, 2x10)
2c. Fingerboard (5x1, 5x1, 5x1, 5x1, 5x1)
3. Handstand Straddle (Play@LGKF for time)

I am still in a deloaded/ramping up phase. I intend to push a little harder than last week, but not give it 'all the cookies' until next week. I went bouldering yesterday and tried to limit exertion to fingery stuff - again at a deloaded intensity.

Today I threw in some tucks to the planches. Sometimes I set the planche up just right and feel I can hold it there for a lot longer than two seconds. But I must stick to my intensity map. Next week I will 'unleash' and see what I can produce. It is nice to feel that I am straining at the leash - just got to make sure my enthusiasm does not spill in to injury.

So far so good.

No comments: