Wednesday, 17 March 2010

Volume Wk3 W/O2

A great day for a workout! Sunny skies with broken clouds to offer occasional cooling.

Warm Up (5 mins)
Main (35 mins)
1. Rowing (1x500m 00:01:32)
2. Pistols (8x38kg, 8x38kg, 8x38kg, 8x38kg)
3a. Wall Walk/BackBridge (15s, 15s, 15s)
3b. Cuts (1x10s, 1x10s, 1x10s)

I warmed up outside and after the usual routine, did a few minutes of explosive jumping on to a 4ft pedestal. Then I headed indoors....the rowing was a breaker - and required a few minutes recovery before I could hit the pistols. I put another set on the pistols and reckon I can 'up' the weight to get my basic three sets. i took a full three minutes between sets. Quality is the name of the game (and this also constitutes a move away from my 'paleo' understanding/ignorance). Three minutes is a loooooooooong time on planet Asclepius, so I had to pop off a few easy chins and lock-offs to break things up.

The backbridge and cuts were quite leisurely and their spacing allowed me to do some handstands for time. Just to get the technique refined.

No comments: