Wednesday, 3 March 2010

Volume Wk1 W/O2

This is the second of my volume workouts. Effort is about 85%. The emphasis was on lower body. I could put some more exercises in here but I need to be mindful of the demands of kickboxing tonight!

Warm Up (5 mins)
Main (25 mins)

1. Rowing (00:01:45x500m)
2. Pistols (8x32kg, 8x32kg, 8x32kg)*
3a. Wall Walk/BackBridge (2, 2, 2)
3b. Splits (20s, 20s, 20s)

The pistols are hurting after the fact! Even though this was a deloaded workout. On the upside, the wall walks felt pretty easy so I doubled up on them (and still had plenty left in the tank).

It was a fantastic day with blue skies, so I finished off with some handstands and cart-wheels outside. Spring has sprung.

* The weight shown is achieved by offsetting BW (83kg) using an O/H cable machine. So I set the machine to assist with a weight of 50kg.

4 comments:

Methuselah said...

How are you doing the pistols? Are you holding a 16kg dumbbell in each hand and holding them out in front when you go down? 8 reps of that is very impressive!

Asclepius said...

Sorry - totally the other way around! The wait I am using is a ballast weight to pull me up! I will make that clearer in the post.

AT22 said...

Where can I find some videos or examples of some of your exercises? I'm not always familiar with what you are doing, but I'd like to know!

Asclepius said...

Gymnastic bodies has some good footage of just about every bodyweight exercise I do.

Let me know any exercises in particular and I will look for appropriate footage for you.

(I would be loathe to film my ugly mug anytime soon!)