Friday, 8 January 2010

12-8-4 Pyramid

So, the first big workout of 2010.

Warm Up (5 mins)
Main (25 mins)
1a) Rowing (L8, 500m, 1':33")
2a) Dumbell Press (10kg, 12kg, 14kg)
3a) Chins (12, 8 +3kg, 3 +2kg)
4a) Handstand Leg Raise/Deadlifts (85%RM - 100kg)
5a) Kneel Backs (1x60s)
6a) Frog Planche (30s, 20s, 5s tuck)

The rowing was two seconds faster than my usual (1':35"). I felt slow towards the end and could have gone at least a second faster. I do it in around 40+ strokes and with a tweak to my technique, could probably get this figure down, making more use of my height.

The dumbell press was a killer and I could not nail the fourth rep on the last set! I think I was lowering the weights too slowly, shifting the emphasis to 'negatives'. The Frog Planche was a big killer as well and I was well short on the first two sets.

I think I need to revisit my deadlift RM with a view to shifting it upwards. But then I could do with reviewing a few other RMs as well.

Still, a challenging and fun workout. I am injury free and hungry for more!

No comments: