Saturday, 3 November 2012

531 Wk1 W/O1

On the nutritional front I have eaten quite a bit of candy over the past week due to Halloween.  A quick aside from the night of Halloween itself:

Flash (aged 5): "Halloween has started!"
Captain Kid (aged 8):  "How do you know?"
Flash (aged 5): "I just heard a woman screaming."

I need to test my maxes.  I'd be gutted not to beat my 160kg DL or find that I am getting closer to the OAC.  Over the past 5 months I've focused on RPT training and the volumes for the chosen weights have gone up - but it is the top end I am curious about.  Capacity has increased but have I pushed the 'head room?  So after a week of rest and with Christmas looming, I am going to take up some short sharp 531 work.

Today's workout:

Warm Up (5 minutes)
Main (30 minutes).
1. Stairgators (1)
2. Planche Variations (25s, 25s, 25s)
3. Barefoot Sprinting (1x10s, 1x10s, 1x10s)
4i. Rope Climb (1)
4ii. MU to Ring Routine (1, 1, 1).
5. Scissor Splits (3x '1L, 1R, 1C')
6. Barefoot Kill Carry (1)
7. 321 (8L, 8L 8L)
Solid ramp up phase.

No comments: