Friday, 23 November 2012

531 Wk3 W/O3


Deadlift day!  Not looking forward to that 150 but will push for two reps (my RM is 160kg).  I'm interested to see what I have in my legs as I've been pushing my horse-riding stance on an almost daily basis for the past month or two.  I was doing 3 minute stances morning and night - which dropped to once a day when I hit 3':30".  I am now at 4 minutes so have cut back again to non-training days. Once I get to 5 minutes it is Golden Bridge time!

Warm Up (5 minutes)
Main (35 minutes)
1. Handstand (air squats + side lunges, one legged floor touches + front lunges, front/side/turning kicks, hanging/back kicks, cartwheels)
2. Manna Progression (three rounds for time)
3. Deadlift (5x120, 3x130, 1+x150)
4. Wall Walk (3)
5. One Legged Backbridge (15s, 15s)

Shoulder Prehabilitation
6. External Shoulder Rotations (12)
7. Internal Shoulder Rotations (12)

8. 321 (8L, 8L, 8L)/Bouldering
Bit of a mixed bag today.  Handstands one and two were solid - up in to the 10s-15s zone, but no more.  The One Legged Backbridge was solid.  The only low point in the routine was the 'main event'; the DL!

I hit 150kg without a problem but simply could not hit a second rep.  I took a four minute rest and went for 160kg but no chance.  My volume has got bigger but I've lost top-end.  I think I need to cycle some 531s to get back the top end.

Gutted with the session I finished off with 19 pull ups (strict form).  Even that sucked as the pull up bar has all these bizarre handles hanging off it so I couldn't pull up as deeply (bar to WAY-past clavicle), as I usually do.

Always a moving target....ho hum.

No comments: