Wednesday, 28 November 2012

531 Wk4 W/O1

Time has been in short supply so I am having to jig stuff around.  This weeks' workouts will be spread over two weeks!

I am going to introduce some new kicking techniques to work on.

Warm Up (5 minutes)
Main (35 minutes)
1. Handstand (air squats + side lunges, one legged floor touches + front lunges, tornado kick/jumping back kick/dragon sweep)
2. Pistols (5x65/31, 5x70/38, 5x75/46)
3. OACs (5x50/29, 5x55/36, 4/5x60/43)

Forearm and Wrist Prehabilitation
4. Golfers Elbow Drumstick Rotation (12)
5. Wrist Push Ups (12)
6. Reverse Wrist Curl (12)

I felt the need to push the weights today; sod the program.  The handstands were good.  shoulders feel strong so I was straight up and in to some controlled 15 HSs.  Rest is good - even if rest is not always the optimal way to recover (there are several ways to recover.  Rest is just another tool in the box).

The pistols were solid throughout - allowing me to work on the negative phase of the exercise.  I was one short on the last set of OACs but feel better for pushing rather than holding back.

The new kicks felt awkward but technique always takes a while to perfect.  I like the continuum of getting stronger, functional application of the strength, and on towards perfecting technique.

No comments: