Tuesday, 20 November 2012

531 Wk3 W/O2

So today it full Hustle Day. Unleash the Kraken!  Hammertime!  I recall my RM for the OAC is 72kg so I hope to get multiple reps at 70kg (and I've rounded this up from 68kg) - even after the previous two work sets.  It may be ugly, but I will pull hard for two reps!

The pistols are a more intriguing.  As I can now do bodyweight (80kg) for multiple reps, I've been thinking of a 5x5 rep workout with a minute or so between reps.  Today the last set will involve me holding a plate cross my chest to raise the working weight to 90kg (but this is a suck-it-and-see approach).

Warm Up (5 minutes)
Main (35 minutes)
1. Handstand (air squats + side lunges, one legged floor touches + front lunges, front/side/turning kicks, hanging/back kicks)
2. Pistols (5x65, 3x75, 3/1+ x '+10kg')
3. OACs (5x55, 3x60, 1+x70)

Forearm and Wrist Prehabilitation
4. Golfers Elbow Drumstick Rotation (12)
5. Wrist Push Ups (12)
6. Reverse Wrist Curl (12)

Another good session.  Handstands 1 and 2 were pretty duff, so I went for a third (I need to stop doing this, two is my limit), and whaddyaknow?  Number three was in the zone, solid for 20s.

With pistols I managed three reps with an extra 10kg strapped to me.  That felt good and I could go heavier although balance does come in to it as your centre of gravity is awry.  Might have to aim for a 5x5 in the meantime.

The OACs were a bit of a disappointment.  The first two sets were fine.  The first rep of the third set was solid, but I just couldn't crank out a second rep.  I think I should have gone for a heavier single - maybe 75kg.  I might aim for this next week.... However, when I last did this workout and repscheme, I only managed a single at 68kg, so I am stronger.

No comments: