Tuesday, 13 November 2012

531 Wk2 W/O2

Hmmm - manflu has flared again.  I've got some aches - but these could be to do with Eskrima last night.  Man, I love stick fighting but getting locked up around the shoulders and wrists can hurt.

I am cutting and pasting the current workouts from a phase earlier in the year.  I just round the working weight up to the next round number (and in some cases 'plus a bit'), so I am not really sure if these are optimal or not.  But I going in with a 'suck it and see' approach.  Once I've hit my RM next week, I will have a better idea of working weight.

Warm Up (5 minutes)
Main (35 minutes)
1. Handstand (air squats + side lunges, front lunges + floor touches, front/side/turning kicks + low /reverse/spinning kicks)
2. Pistols (3x55, 3x65, 8+x70)
3. OACs (3x55, 3x65/60, 1/3+x70)

Forearm and Wrist Prehabilitation
4. Golfers Elbow Drumstick Rotation (12)
5. Wrist Push Ups (12)
6. Reverse Wrist Curl (12)

Handstand one was 15s.  Number two was rubbish so I did some handwalking.  The handwalking was also rubbish - so despite a sense of akrasia, went for it ...and threw a perfectly respectable 15s.

As I suspected with the main workout, the weights were are not a good guide.  So, having trounced the pistols I ramped up the OACs.  I blasted the first two sets and psyched up for the third and final....

The final set was to be set at 70kg work weight.  I've OAC'ed 72kg before (and currently weight 81kg) so to go for three reps would be a big achievement.  I couldn't do any more than one - but what a OAC it was.  I had grace, control and power - and VERY nearly got a second rep.  There was definite improvement but it looks like I will have to break out the biscuits (1kg weights), to find my new 1RM.  Can't wait.

No comments: