Friday, 3 February 2012

Volume Week 4 W/O3

I'm looking to repeat last weeks intensity, and no more.

Warm Up (5 minutes)
Main (30 minutes).
1. Handstand work (10 mins)
2a. Chin Variations (Two Arm + 25kg x 8, +40kg x 4, Slow One-Arm Eccentric 1 x each arm)
2bi. Headstand RLLs (6, 6)
2bii. Deadlift (single 150kg)
2c. Manna Progression (three rounds for time)
2di. Wall Walk (3, 3)
2dii. Backbridge 15s
3. Two-Way DB Rotator Cuff (12 x external and internal shoulder rotations)
4. Wrist Push Ups from the Knee (12)
5.  321 (8/8L, 8/8L, 8/8M)


Wow - another excellent session.  I varied the handstands to incorporate straddle as I get a longer hold-time.  I crushed the fuck out the chinning and reckon I could have added weight for the given number of reps on each set.

The manna progression felt tough, but I throw a few of those throughout the week so I expect performance to vary and just roll with it.  The big news today was the DL.  I warmed up with 3x50kg, then 70kgx1 and then loaded up for a single at 150kg.  Now this is not that much in the grand scheme of things and 10kg short of my RM, but I lifted it with a degree of ease - much easier both up and down than last week.

I reckon I might terminate this cycle next week sometime, perhaps after Sunday, maybe before.  A week or two off and then back to it.  It is great to be feeling stronger (and to be uninjured).  Hips, knees and elbows are all good.  My right wrist still has a 'tweak' that I can feel with stairgators, but broadly, things are good.

No comments: