Friday, 24 February 2012

Gymnastic Week 2 W/O3

I've a long walk planned tonight (10 miles over a few hills which takes just over 3hrs), so I need to spare some gas for my legs!

This session in the gym I'm going to repeat the 'W/O3' high point from my last cycle in terms of intensity, and maybe a little bit more...

Warm Up (5 minutes)
Main (30 minutes).
1. Handstand work (10 mins)
2a. Chin Variations (Two Arm + 25kg x 9, +40kg x 5, Slow One-Arm Eccentric 1 x each arm)
2bi. Headstand RLLs (6, 6)
2bii. Deadlift (single 150kg)
2c. Manna Progression (three rounds for time)
2di. Wall Walk (3, 3)
2dii. Backbridge 15s
3. Two-Way DB Rotator Cuff (12 x external and internal shoulder rotations)
4. Reverse Wrist Curls (12)
5.  321 (8/8L, 8/8L, 8/8M)

Let me lay all my cards on the table.  This time last week I was 87kg (ish).  I picked up a bug on Monday evening and lets just say I 'lost a bit of hydration'.  I pretty much fasted for most of Tuesday through to Wednesday (bar coffee and milk).  I had a boiled egg on Tuesday evening and some Camembert and a huge bit of fried liver on Wednesday (last night).  Today I weighed 84kg.  So today I was rolling with a 3kg advantage.

What a workout!  Awesome session!  The handstands were good fun - and the sun came out to cheer me on.  I hit a good few reps where I got the sweet spot and held solid for at least 5 seconds.

I added an extra rep to the BW+25kg set of chins and one on to the BW+40kg chins.  I KNOW that there was another rep on either set in there somewhere.

The mannas were solid at at least 5 seconds a piece but I could work on these a bit more. 

The deadlift felt solid and even though this is NOT a current priority (hence it appears towards the end of my workout - not usually a good thing), I could add a rep or some weight.  I have to be careful with my technique as I do tend to round my back near my RM.  I added in some very light (70kg), reps at the end of the session focusing on form.

My back felt much more flexible today and this was noticeable in the backbridge and wall walk.  I wonder if the extended fast had much to do with this?

Feeling good!  :)

No comments: