Tuesday, 21 February 2012

Gymnastic Week 2 W/O2

I am still aware of the fact that I haven't reworked my routine as much as I'd have hoped after reading 'Overcoming Gravity'.  I have several good books 'on the go' at the moment and am simply enjoying my workouts.  If my numbers go up, I will stick with things as they are.  Too long of a plateau, or regression and I will adjust things with a greater sense of urgency.

Warm Up (5 minutes)
Main (25 minutes).
1a. Pistols (8x12.5 assistance, 8x12.5 assistance, 8x12.5 assistance)
1b. Handstands (over 5-10 minutes)
2b L-Sit/Manna Variation (for time)
3a. OAC (5/4x62kg, 5x57kg, 10xBW)
3b. Backlever (5s, 5s, 5s)
4. Golfers Elbow Drumstick Rotation (12)
5. Two-Way DB Rotator Cuff (12 x external and internal shoulder rotations)
6. Wrist PUs from the Knee (12)

Fricking awesome session!  I managed to add an extra rep on to the first set of OACs.  I only just managed it on my weaker arm.  Good news is that the elbows and arms feel up to it - with no sign of injury!  I could definitely push it further and faster, but my 321 sessions involve locking off at various arm angles and all in all, my elbows and shoulders put up with a lot of hammer.  It is one thing getting a OAC, but getting an uninjured OAC takes slightly longer.  The prehab seems to be helping here.

Pistols were similarly rewarding.  I think these are RMs for sets of 8.  The last rep of the last set was tough but there is more to come here.

Loved it!

No comments: