Monday, 21 December 2009

Monday Climbing

So, Britain has been plunged in to a big freeze. Such conditions preclude me from sprinting or KC work - but on this Winter Solstice night, I was psyched to give it some 'grrrr' in my sub-zero garage.

I was cheered by the knowledge that as of 1747hrs GMT, the sun had reached its lowest southerly position and so the evenings are going to get longer once again!

I ended up walking for a few hours (to the shops and the library). At least one of these journeys involved carrying Flash for time. I also cleared the snow from the paths of a few elderly neighbours. It is all training I guess. But the ice meant that the core of my session was indoors. It was cold but things soon warmed up.

Warm Up (5 mins)
Main (25 mins)
1a) Pistols (3x3)
1b) L-Sit Muscle Ups to Basic Ring Routine to Tuck Lever (1MU wighted to 10kg, 3MU, 3MUs)
1c) Laddering

2a) Ring Splits/Cuts (2x3 each way)
2b) Frog Planche (30s, 30s)

3) Deadhang Repeaters (321, 3a:7r:120s on small rungs)

4) 10 Minute Fingerboarding

I did three passes through 1a-1c and two through 2a-2b. The session was finished with a ten minute hang-fest.

By big gain was with the weighted Muscle Up and ring routine. I put in three inverted pull ups for good measure so the ring routine was tough. I reckon I could have done more weighted MUs but on losing the weight vest for the second set, I could feel how much I had given on the first set.

The three sets of pistols also cheered me up. I really worked the lowering and tried to explode on the positive phase.

Now for those of you who think that snow is a suitable excuse to veg-out. Check out this dude.

No comments: