Wednesday, 2 December 2009

Fatigue

Phew - just finished a tough Lau Gar session. I was tripping over the skipping rope and failing to hit my usual 200 skips per minute. Danger! Danger.

"When the student is ready, the teacher arrives."

This is a classic 'leak'. I need to rest. More. I need to expend less. I don't need to go to failure. Looking back over some recent posts I notice other 'leaks'. Sometimes you can't hear for listening. A schedule or program can make us deaf.

It could be the time of year - winter blues - that kind of thing. It could simply be the product of a few hard weeks.

"Fitness is not a load to me moved or a muscle to be grown, it is a fire to be lit."

I am still inspired - or rather I have been prior to each recent workout. It is just some aspects of performance during my workouts that suggest I need a bit more recovery. I am going to engage is some light and very short sessions for the coming weeks. Keeping it random and instinctive.

1 comment:

Olive Tree Guitar Ensemble said...

Hi, it's a great blog.
I could tell how much efforts you've taken on it.
Keep doing!