Friday, 31 August 2012

RPT Wk2 W/O3

DL Day!  Might try some handstand variations as well.  After this session I am off to hit some tuna and sweet potatoes.  This in turn will be followed by my new favourite dessert, steamed banana and apple! 

I find sweet potatoes VERY sweet for my palate, but I am trying to stick with macro ratios way more aggressive than anything I've done before! 

By retrospectively looking at the macros for what I eat in any given day, I realised that although I tended to eat HP/HF/LC on a rest day and HP/LF/HC on a training day, and mixed caloric intake by use of IF, I was crushing any benefits of such cycling by my indulgence in foods like tongue and black pudding, which really will blow your control of macros out of the water.

Warm Up (5 minutes)
Main (35 minutes)
1. Handstand Variations (air squats + side lunges, front lunges + floor touches, front/side/turning kicks)
2. Manna Progression (three rounds for time)
3. Deadlift (4x128, 6x109, 8x90)
4. Wall Walk (3, 3)
5. Backbridge (15s)

Shoulder Prehabilitation
6. External Shoulder Rotations (12)
7. External Shoulder Rotations (12)

8. 321 (8L, 8L, 8L)/Bouldering
First handstand was right in the zone and solid for 20s easily.  Then the next 2-3 handstands were rubbish.  So I let it pass.

DL form sucked on the first set, but came together on the 2nd and 3rd set.  Thinking about dropping the working weights to address form.

Backbridges and wall walks showed good back and shoulder flexibility.

This workout had the general feeling of a 'transitional' session.  'Something' is going on which I have to roll with, and which hopefully yield gains in the longer term.  There is no failure, only feedback.  I generally feel good.

Fasted training was a breeze.  I've been doing this for over four years and really, I get no energy crash.  I returned to tuck in to lots of starchy tubers and steamed fruit.  This was washed down with 2 pints of skimmed milk (pulled from the udders of Beelzebub himself).  Yeah - I know skimmed milk doesn't really tick 'real food', but if I am going to hit my macro cycling I've got to demonstrate flexibility in this.  I don't anticipate the need to make many more concessions than this.

No comments: