Wednesday, 29 August 2012

RPT Wk2 W/O2

Not feeling that great today.  I've altered my macros (but not my food stuffs), to be more Leangains compliant and am feeling the change.  I've simply reordered what I eat so that I have higher carb foods (like broccoli, carrots, potatoes and sweet potatoes), on a training day.  I try to keep fat low on a T-day so I tend towards fish.  As for rest days, I go for higher fat - which means chicken.  I've added some tuna on rest days to boost protein intake on rest days as well.
Macro management is calorie counting by the back door.  But now I know the macros of my typical foodstuffs (in terms of volume), volumes are 'eyeballed'.  I still don't measure.  Food selection drives the macros rather than portion control.

I have decided to cut back on tongue and black pudding as these are so high in fat and protein they can really blow the macros.  They will be an occasional treat (once a month of each).

I am still eshewing all supplements (bar occasional D3, magnesium and potassium).  Higher protein requirements are fulfilled with tuna.  Higher carb requirements are fulfilled by cooking fruit and starchy tubers.

Here is the workout.  Rests will be 2-3 minutes between sets.

Warm Up (5 minutes)
Main (35 minutes)
1. Handstand (air squats + side lunges, one legged floor touches + front lunges, front/side/turning kicks)
2. Pistols (6x71kg, 8x66kg, 10x61kg)
3. OACs (4x60kg, 6x55kg, 8x45kg)

Forearm and Wrist Prehabilitation
4. Golfers Elbow Drumstick Rotation (12)
5. Wrist Push Ups (12)
6. Reverse Wrist Curl (12)

Weight : 81kg - So my weight is up a kilo in a week.

A brilliant session.  Handstands were moderate to good, but I've got my warm up dialled in, and the kicks were good.

The weights for pistols are now spot on and I got the intensity just right for this session.  Same with chins.  The last time I did this workout my elbows flared on the last set of chins for one or two sets.  So, I made adjustments today and the improved form seems to have rinsed me out of energy in all the right places.

Now to eat those baked sweet potatoes and tin of tuna!  Tonight it is liver, tuna, broccoli, carrots, sweet potatoes and regular whites.  Dessert will be baked banana and baked apple.  Single digit BF here I come...

4 comments:

Chris said...

I wouldn't say chicken is higher fat? Go for beef, lamb etc on the rest days. Chicken is down as low fat in my book.

Chris

Asclepius said...

Hi Chris. I chomp through half a chicken at a time and I eat the chicken skins as well - hence, compared to tuna (my benchmark low fat meat), I considered it high fat. I'm happy to reevaluate!

I am still tweaking my macros and arranging my meals. Looks like I need to hit NutritionData again and look at the stats.

Cheers for the input Chris!

Chris said...

What you are doing looks fine. I am back on the diet after a break for a week when my mum was visiting. Yesterday was a training day so high carb low far moderate protein- 350c, 30f, 110p but all pretty approx. lunch was rice tuna salad and fruit. Dinner was fish in a curry sauce, veggies, rice sweet potato, then a desert of 2 banana with a big pot of frontage frais.

Today is a rest day so low carb higher fat and moderate protein. Lunch will be salad with tins of salmon and fruit. Dinner probably a big veggie omelette. I'll probably need a protein shake to make up the protein too

Chris said...

My rest day protein sources tend to be duck eggs, runs of pink salmon, beef mince, liver, kidneys, heart, lamb. Training day it is tuna and frozen white fish chicken and turkey. Whey or casein powder is used to make up the totals.