Sunday, 29 January 2012

Volume Week 4 W/O1

I need to refresh my workouts.  I've been planning a refresh for some time, but this has added impetus since reading Overcoming Gravity.  Unfortunately time is at a premium at the morning so I am just going to roll with what I have, not that my current routine is that bad.

Between family, work, an ever growing reading list and social engagements, notwithstanding Lau Gar and climbing interests, I do have to be flexible. I've got to keep Mrs A sweet as well - not an easy task ;)

Warm Up (5 minutes)
Main (30 minutes).
1. Stairgators (1)
2. Barefoot Sprinting (1x10s, 1x10s, 1x10s, 1x10s, 1x10s)
3. Planche Variations (25s, 25s, 25s)
4ai. Rope Climb (3)
4aii. MU to Ring Routine (3, 3, 3).
5. Scissor Splits (3x '2L, 2R, 2C')
6. Barefoot Kill Carry (1)
7. 321 (All 4 down the rung sizes)

The planches felt much easier this week.  All three rounds were solid.  Same goes for stairgators.  I am fluidly moving one arm and foot at a time.

The MUs were the tough bit.  I had to have two goes at the last rep of the final set.  The levers were pretty poor as well.

The 321s were done with only a couple of minutes rest between sets and so again the final (three) reps were well short of my objective.

So, a mixed bag - but there is no failure, only feedback.

No comments: