Monday, 24 October 2011

Volume Week 1 W/O1

The beginning of another 6-8 week phase is nigh! I have split stuff up this time around to create a three day work week as I think I lose intensity once training-time gets to 40 minutes. Shoulder rehab/prevention and pistols are duly subbed out to there own day!

As usual I am going to have a week or two deloaded, and then ramp it up for four weeks or so...chucking in some 'instinctive adjustment' and all:
Warm Up (5 minutes)
Main (30 minutes).
1. Stairgators (1)
2. Barefoot Sprinting (1x10s, 1x10s, 1x15s)
3ai. Rope Climb (1)
3aii. MU to Ring Routine (1, 1).
3b. Scissor Splits (1L, 1R, 1C)
3c. Planche (20s, 20s, 20s)
4. 321 (All 4 down the rung sizes)
5. Barefoot Kill Carry

Awesome, awesome workout.  I felt fast as hell on the sprints.  Really lights and athletic.  I mixed some rope climbing in to the routine, in place of a round of MUs/Ring routine.  Sets one and three of planching also felt good.

A few injuries are still making themselves known.  My left shoulder has felt sore at times from OAC work - although I realised today that the 321 work is done with lock offs at (roughly) 0, 90 and 180 degrees, changing the angle with each rep.  Thus I think the shoulder was subject to overuse.  Although the first set felt a bit awkward, any discomfort rapidly disappeared.

My right wrist is also subject to some discomfort, but this has eased a lot.  The way the wrist is bent back on a planche induces noticeable discomfort as do stairgators, but I would not go so far as to describe it as pain.

Good news is that my elbow (left IIRC), is totally healed.  Can't even remember which elbow hurt!  I'll stick with the rehab/conditioning program to ensure joint integrity and all round health.

Happy days!

No comments: