Sunday, 4 September 2011

Volume Week 1 W/O1

After a week relaxing in France I am now psyched for another cycle of training.  This will be 6 weeks or so, although the holiday involved lots of swimming and some 'snatched' workouts in the outdoor gym (mostly pistols and MUs, Chins and Skin the Cats on the chinning station).  Last week was effectively a deloaded phase.

Having done some research on my still-present inner elbow pain, I might need to do the rehabilitation work (Golfers Elbow Drumstick Rotations and Holy Water Hammers), on a daily basis.

Warm Up (5 minutes)
Main (40 minutes).
1. Stairgators (1)
2. Barefoot Sprinting (1x10s, 1x10s, 1x15s)
3a. MU to Ring Routine (3, 3, 4)
3b. Pistols (assisted: 8, 8, 9)
4a. Scissor Splits (2L, 2R, 3C)
4b. Planche (25s, 25s, 25s)
5a. Golfers Elbow Drumstick Rotation (10)
5b. Holy Water Hammers (10)
6. Barefoot Kill Carry (1)
7. 321 (All 4 down the rung sizes)

A good work workout, quite enjoyable and one that got my heart racing.  I failed on the last three reps of the last set of 321s.  Getting better all the time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too am suffering from Golfers elbow.
It recently flaired up again after I started working with Rock Rings.

Could you describe or link to a description of the Drumstick Rotation and Holy Water hammers exercises?

I've been playing with compression and trigger point therapy and it seems to be improving to some degree.

http://www.mobilitywod.com/2011/06/episode-273365-lateral-elbow-paintennis-elbow-kimura-elbow.html

Asclepius said...

Thanks for the link.

Check this out:

http://naturalmessiah.blogspot.com/2011/09/elbow-rehab.html

The Holy Water Hammers are my own invention to stretch the forearm. I also do reverse wrist curls and wrist push ups.