Sunday, 28 November 2010

Wk1 W/O1 (Long Rests)

The UK has been gripped by a cold spell.  Snow lies over most of the country and last night temperatures fell to -5 to -18 in places.  It is COLD!  And still only November.  Such temperatures should not get in the way of a 'neolithic pseudo hunt'

This is a deloaded phase.  Can't push it too hard.  A bit of me is still not sure whether to push volume or strength - probably the former with longer rests.  The rests are established by pairing exercises.. 

I am toying with the idea of going barefoot on the kill carry - depending on the ice outside.  The real risk here is the 321 finger workout.  Got to make sure I am warmed up properly.

Warm Up (5 mins)
Main (30 mins)
1. Stairgators (1)
2a. V-Foot Sprinting (1x10s, 1x10s, 1x10s, 1x10s)
2b. Basic MU Ring Routine to Lever (1x20s, 1x20s, 1x20s)
3a. Scissor Splits/Cuts (3, 3, 3)
3b. 321 (4 fng, Frnt 3, Back 3)
4. V-Foot Kill Carry
The format of these posts is that I will post the routine, and then later in the day, perform the routine.  The 'after' words appear in the 'read more' section.

I was in a mixed mood about this workout.  It was to be cold and icy underfoot.  I have had a week off and at times I wanted to 'do stuff' and at other times, I just could not be bothered.

But, stepping out in to the cold night air and performing the first of an extended, albeit wary sprint on ice, I loved it.  I didn't push too hard, but I can feel it now in the shoulders.

The kill carry was particularly precarious, but Vibrams seem to perform well in such conditions.

No comments: