Tuesday, 9 November 2010

Volume Wk6 W/O1 (Short Rests)

So, I have dropped the usual  Sunday workout for this week only.  Having not deadlifted last week I am expecting a bit of an improvement today in my numbers. 

I should point out that my 'tweaked' left elbow is still mildly injured - and I am not sure how much more rest I should do to heal whilst not losing strength.  I don't want to completely stop chinning or rope climbing but these are the activities that are most likely to aggravate it.  It is getting better, but I just need to moderate intensity.

Also, once again I have realised I am getting distracted from the Planche.  Lau Gar has brought new demands on my time and work commitments are hight this time of year.  The latter can affect my sleep (and so my capacity for work).   I need to put in some GTG type work to push on to the next variation....

Warm Up (5 mins)
Main (30 mins)
1. Deadlift (5x135kg, 6x125kg)
2. Wall Walk/Back Bridge (15s, 15s, 15s)
3. Planche Variations (60s total)
4. Four-Way Rotator Cuff Work (1x15 each way)

I managed an extra rep on each set of the deadlift.  Reckon a set of six is possible on the first set next time.  I didn't vary the planch - I just did the advanced frog. 

Felt good.

No comments: