Tuesday, 16 November 2010

Volume Wk7 W/O2 (Short Rests)

Work is keeping me heavily occupied.  I had meant to grease the groove with planching and levers in the evening, but some long hours at the keyboard have taken their toll and as the evenings draw in, I just want to head to bed!

On the upside, working longer hours makes me focus on quality time with the kids.  They are in good form and we have had some great episodes of play. 

On Saturday we built bunk-beds which was great fun.  Flash has limited attention on anything so would walk off with wood/screws/tools and Captain Kid and I would be wondering why there were bits missing.  Captain Kid loved the responsibility of sorting out bits, reading the instructions and tightening the allen bolts.  Afterwards we headed to the woods - stalking dog walkers/ramblers, using binoculars, walkie-talkies and learning some 'patrol hand signals'.  (England's win over Australia in the rugby was the icing on the cake last Saturday)

Currently I am feeling quite psyched to lift - and want to push the weight on the DL today.

Warm Up (5 mins)
Main (25 mins)
1. Deadlift (3x145kg, 3x135kg)
2. Wall Walk/Back Bridge (15s, 15s, 15s)
3. Planche Variations (60s total)
4. Four-Way Rotator Cuff Work (1x15 each way)

We pushed the DLs today.  The hardest thing about the first set was actually maintaining a grip on the bar (said the climber!).   I round down the weight of the bar (from about 17.5kg to 15kg, and the 20kg plates actually weight 20.4kg so my total lift is greater than that stated above by several kg).  Having hit such a highpoint, I think a fortnight away from DLs is in order.

Another session where I feel totally energised and happy.

No comments: