Friday, 12 November 2010

Volume Wk6 W/O2 (Short Rests)

My 'tweaked' elbow is feeling much better - but I am going to continue to shy away from OAC work for a while longer.  Better to embrace the variation offered by weighted chins.

Warm Up (5 mins)
Main (20 mins)
1. Pistols/Pillar Jumps/Leg Extension (12/10x45kg P, 12x30kg LE)
2. HSPU/Press/Snatch (BWx2, 8x14/12kg, 6x16kg)
3. Chins (6/4xBW+37kg, 8xBW+20KG, 8xBW)
4. Tucked Ice Cream Maker (8/6, 6, 6)
I was glad to repeat the two HSPUs and also pushed the first set of dumbell presses.  I wonder if my hands are creeping too far apart on the HSPU....

Chins were awesome.  No pain from 'the niggle' - and not only a PB for weighted pull ups but I beat my rep target, and kept a 20kg plate on for the second set.  Reps were smooth and controlled.  Think I reaped a few 'man points' from the watching gym-heads.  I think I look a lot lighter than I am - but at 85kg, this was eight reps, to almost lock-out with over 120kg, and all under control - this was definitely me pissing to mark my strength-territory.  I really want to get back to OAC training.

I carried my ICMs with different leg positions throughout.  I could do with dropping the reps and trying a harder variation.  Space is limited at the PU bar - but this is something I will work with.

No comments: