Thursday, 26 November 2009

Hot Air

Here is story to set the paleo alarm bells ringing! Driving in to work this morning I caught a news item about how a government think-tank had been asked to think laterally and solve two key problems. I pissed myself laughing .... until I realised that it was 'factual'.

Before I give you the 'problem', let me give you the 'solution'. The problem was to kill 30% of all sheep and cows in Britain. The effect of this was to save the environment and to make us healthier.

The reasoning? Well, the reasoning was as follows:
  • The theory goes like this: if you have less ruminant livestock, you emit less climate-damaging methane into the atmosphere.
    You also have less meat to eat, which means less saturated fat in our diets and thus less heart disease.
Next time you see Gordon Brown climbing out of his chauffeur driven Jaguar, you might want to reflect on both the notion of ill health and pollution.

2 comments:

SheZug said...

Backwards thinking at it's best. Reminds me of this:
http://www.snopes.com/politics/bush/house.asp

Asclepius said...

Politics is rock and roll for ugly people.