Monday, 30 November 2009

Climbing Workout

A real cold night - but I find the ritual of unlocking the garage and hanging the rings builds the excitement and anticipation of the hard work to come!

I was up for this session, but fatigue came quickly in the reps. Still, better to back off and adjust accordingly. I pushed closer in to failure last week, so am happy to back of tonight.

Warm Up (5 mins)
Main (25 mins)
1a) Sprint (12s, 12s)/Pistols* (6 per leg)
1b) L-Sit Muscle Ups to Basic Ring Routine to Tuck Lever (3MUs, 3MUs, 2MUs)
1c) Fingerboard Laddering

2a) Ring Cuts to Splits Combination (4, 4, 4)
2b) Frog/Tuck Planche (14s, 7s, 7s)
2c) Deadhang Repeaters (3a:7r:120s on small rungs)

The reps were done quite slowly, particular cut/split exercises. I have modified my basic ring routine to put a few inverted pull ups in to the exercise and with more emphasis on my pretty poor back-lever. (Damn those long legs)

The sprints were tonight's surprise advance. I really felt like I had fast-feet and pushed on a few extra strides with ease. The tuck planche felt more locked-in than usual as well.

Looking back over my training log it is great to see the ebb and flow of performance. Sometimes I hit a new high out of nowhere, other times I just don't seem to fire on a particular exercise. But I roll with it. When these highs fail to come I will show more concern.

No comments: