Thursday, 27 August 2009

Higher Rep Workout

Last night's Lau Gar session was a killer involving some intense kick-shield work. The intensity of these one minute kick drills left me almost at the point of nausea - not something I want to experience regularly!

I decided to take a shortened workout today, aiming for 3 sets of 15 reps - but stopping short if necessary.

Warm Up (5 mins)

Main (20 mins)
1a) Dumbell Press (10kg, 15, 12, 12)
1b) Tucked Lever (3x20s)
1c) Back Bridge (3x20s)
1d) Straddle RLLs (8, 5, 7)
1e) Frog Planche (3x20s)

The levers were slightly more untucked than normal - showing gains. But the reverse leg lifts felt hard. The first set of eight was comfortable - but the second set felt stiffer. The frog planches were pretty comfortable throughout.

Weight check: 81kg

*This evening I after a quick warm up laddering on my campus board, I set about performing a ten minute sequence of deadhangs. I have routine that I have been building up to (i.e. it has aspirational elements in it!). Tonight I actually completed it for the first time ever - so the fingers are also getting stronger!

No comments: