Tuesday, 10 March 2009

Tuesday Workout

So this was my first gymnastic workout after the tonsilitis. Mrs A is off work with what appears to be the same virus I had which hopefully has put paid to the "Your immune system is weak - it must be your diet" comments that have recently come my way. Karma!

Warm Up (5 mins)
Main (30 mins)*
1a) Assisted Pistols (4, 4, 2, 2)
1b) Frog Planche (4x15s)
1c) Cuts (30s per side x 4)
1d) Kneel to HeS Raises (4x4)
1e) Assisted HeSPUs/HeS Lowers (4, 4, 2, 2)
1f) BackBridge (4x15s)

2a) Tuck Body Lever (4x15s)
2b) One Arm Lock Off to Lower (4x5s)

So I did 4 sets of the 1a-f and then 4 sets of the 2a-b. I had to add a long rest in between sets of 2a-b, but the sun was out so it was easy. It was cloudy and wet for 1a-f so that was indoors :(

I felt pretty good on most exercises. The pistols were a struggle and required assistance but the planch and especially the levers felt good.

* I kept going outside in to the sunshine to rest for several minutes between sets of the last two exercises. Thus I could have finished quicker but was enjoying the rays.