Tuesday, 16 June 2009

12-8-4 Pyramids

This work out is a pyramid where you work in to the lactic and then up the weight and drop the reps. Rest between sets is about 10s (enough time to put your old weights back on the rack and pick up a heavier set, and load them in to position).

The cadence I employ is to lift in 2s and lower in 4s. Movements should be smooth and although you aim for the rep targets specified, feel free to stop short or add a few more on, as determined by your form. Work with the lactic acid!

Warm Up (5 mins)
Main (25 mins)
1a) Sprints (15s:50s x 4)
2a) 60m Agility Figure Eights (4x4 laps between goal posts)
3a) Dumbell Press (10kg, 12kg, 14kg)
4a) Seated Rows
5a) Deadlifts (50% RM)
6a) Kneel Backs (1x60s)
7a) Frog Planche (30s, 20s, 15s)
8a) Tuck Lever (30s, 20s, 15s)

Weight selected was around 90% RM apart from the deadlifts on which I used quite light weights as I do not perform this activity very often.

This is one of my most hardware/dumbell intense routines as normally I prefer to train with bodyweight outdoors. But, it certainly has left me feeling worked through and through.

* I pimped out the days training with a little bit of climbing training this evening. I made three passes through the following circuit, resting around 4 mins from the end of a particular exercise until the start of the next set for that particular exercise:

1a) Fingerboard Laddering
1b) Muscle Ups to L-Sit (6, 6, 4)
1c) Ring Scissors (8, 6, 4)

2) Deadhang Repeaters (7s:3s/150s)

No comments: