Tuesday, 5 May 2009

Tuesday Power

Today was more of a power session. I aimed for RM55% and quick movement of the weights. The weather was grim so I stayed indoors. Pathetic I know - but after a weekend of camping, I figured I was dosed up on vitamin D!

The idea is to repeat this as a mini-circuit. The aim was 5 sets of 7 reps. The last set or two should provide the money-shot. Each circuit should take around 4mins if you keep the tempo up.
Warm Up (5 mins)
Main (20 Mins)
1a) Alternate One-Arm Dumbell Snatch (18kg 5x7)
1b) Chin Ups (5x7)
1c) Back Bridge (5x15s)
1d) Frog Planche (5x15s)
1e) Tuck Lever (5x15s)

This workout should really hit you some time after you leave the gym. Make sure you employ good form. Lower the dumbells under great control - and use good from on the pull ups. The negative phase of each exercise should be as long or longer than the concentric phase. Move quickly between exercises.

Part 2

Tonight I did a 30 minute climbing oriented workout:

1a) Rope Climbing

1b) Assorted Laddering (working all three main grips)

The rests were again around 5 minutes between about 7 sets. With the rope climbing the emphasis was on one or two quality moves with locking-off action and a smooth transition between arms.

1 comment:

Methuselah said...

I like that circuit. I've been doing something similar and it leaves me ragged for a few days. I was doing sets of 5.