Saturday, 23 May 2009

Climbing Workout

I needed to get back to a bit of 'phys' after almost two weeks away from dedicated strength work. I broke myself in with a bit of gardening for a warm up followed by my usual climbing-focused routine (my 'Sunday' routine but performed on a Saturday):

Warm Up (5 mins)
Main (20 mins)
1a) Sprint (4x10s)
1b) Ring Routine (Adding one MU with each cycle & holding an L-Sit at the top)
1c) Ring Split Scissors (slow and controlled)
1d) Fingerboard Laddering for time.

I made four passes through this cycle (1a-1d), each of which took about 5 mins. I felt weaker on the rings having not done a ring routine for a while. The absence of finger training for the past fortnight meant I felt rather weak on some of the grips.

Good to be back in to it though!

No comments: