Monday, 11 March 2013

RPT Phase 4 W/O C

I've quite a bit of motivation for the DL this week having seem some 23 y.o guys lifting 240kg for around 10 reps over the weekend.  Monstrous strength!

The goal is to repeat last week's routine (where I had added 10kg and dropped the reps on the week before).  Form will be foremost in my mind.

Warm Up (5 minutes)
Alternate Side Cartwheels - air squats + side lunges

Skill Work (10 minutes)
Handstand - one legged floor touches + front/turning/side hanging kicks
Handwalk - tornado kick/(jumping) back kick/spinning hook kick to dragon sweep

Main (25 minutes)
1. Deadlift (5/4x130, 7/6x110, 9/8x100)
2. Manna Progression (three rounds for time)
3. Wall Walk (2)
4. Alternate One Legged Backbridge (5s, 5s)

Shoulder Prehabilitation
5. Internal Shoulder Rotations (12)
6. External Shoulder Rotations (12)

7. 321 (8L, 8L 8L)

Handwalking? Check. Good kick-work? Check. Things felt tight in this session so when I headed to the DL I pushed a quality rep on to each set. Form felt really solid.

Things went to crap on the Alternate One-Legged Backbridges.  You've really got to try these bad-boys to realise how kick-ass they are.  I do them with me feet elevated on a small platform (about  8 inches in height).  The higher the platform the easier the backbridging is - but one legged variations are tough no matter what.

Awesome session!

No comments: