Friday, 22 March 2013

RPT Phase 1 W/O B

Another deloaded session.  I've decided to reintroduce some pillar jumping (or possibly some 'bounding') to trigger my explosive power.

Warm Up (5 minutes)
Alternate-side Cartwheels - air squats + side lunges

Skill Work (10 minutes)
Handstand - one legged floor touches + front/turning/side hanging kicks
Handwalk - tornado kick/(jumping) back kick/spinning hook kick to dragon sweep 
HSPU - Assisted (10, 10, 10) - One-legged Leaps (8, 6, 4)

Main (25 minutes)
1. Pillar Jumps (6, 6, 6)
2. Pistols (6x70, 8x65, 10x60)
3. OACs (6x40, 8x35, 10x30)

Forearm and Wrist Prehabilitation (10 minutes)
3. Golfers Elbow Drumstick Rotation (10)
4. Wrist Push Ups (10)
5. Reverse Wrist Curl (10)


Ice and snow put paid to any idea of going outdoors.  I opted for the confines of the gym instead and knuckled down with some HSPUs (support from having feet elevated), and one legged leaps/hops instead of my usual kicking drills which satisfy my plyometric itch.

I did throw some warm-up handstands, the first of which was a solid 15s in the sweet spot.

Happy days.

No comments: