Friday, 8 March 2013

RPT Phase 4 W/O A

It is cold, foggy and generally grim today so I can't say I am particularly looking forward to this workout:

Warm Up (5 minutes)
Alternate-side Cartwheels - air squats + side lunges

Skill Work (10 minutes)
Handstand - one legged floor touches + front/turning/side hanging kicks
Handwalk - tornado kick/(jumping) back kick/spinning hook kick to dragon sweep

Main (25 minutes).

1. Planche Variations (25s, 25s, 25s)
2. Barefoot Sprinting (1x10s, 1x10s, 1x10s, 1x10s, 1x10s)
3. Bar MU progression:
  • 2/3 MUs to Skin the Cat to Front Lever
  • 3 MUs to StC to Back Lever to FL
  • 3  MU to StC, BL and FL
4.321 (8L, 8L 8L)

I am still lamenting the loss of scissor splits, stairgators, kill carrying and rope climbing from current workouts - but I will try to drop that kind of stuff in on occasion.

The MUs were performed on an A frame with limited space to lean forward.  Thus I had to change my technique to a more difficult form with any swing or lean forwards on moving above the bar.  This explains my paltry two reps on the opening set.

Other than that, a good session.

No comments: